Monday, October 18, 2010

Bike - Part 1



I might be getting a little over my head, but this is definately turning into quite the challenge.

I recently got a free bike from a friend, but I thought about it and asked myself, "why not try to paint it something that you'd be happy with?" So I did some research and got most of the supplies. I spent most of the time today dismantling the bike into separate pieces. I took pictures to hopefully remind me where things go if I forget when I get to putting the bike back together.

In the slideshow, I took images whenever I could. The bike is almost fully disassembled with the exception for the bike stand (do not have a hex key size for it) and the pedals (I do not have anything thin enough to take off the pedal stems).

This bike chain did not have a master chain link, so I had to buy a chain tool to get it apart. Not that I mind. If I am riding a bike often as I am hoping I will, I might need it for further maintenance later. :P

Anyways, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment